The London Marathon was due to be run in April 2020, due to Lock down this was postponed until October 2020. Coivd 19 continues to threaten lives if social distancing is not respected so the Virgin London Marathon organisers have set up a unique opportunity so that runners can still run and raise funds for their charity.
This is the THE 40th RACE – YOUR WAY.
It will take place on Sunday 4 October and participants will have 23 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds (from 00:00 to 23:59:59 BST) to complete the 26.2 miles, which they can choose to run, walk or jog – making the event the most inclusive London Marathon ever.
The Official 40th Race app will enable participants to log their 26.2 miles and earn the coveted Virgin Money London Marathon medal and New Balance finisher T-shirt.
As well as allowing them to track and log their run, the app will help bring the virtual experience to life, with an exclusive audio commentary featuring famous voices providing a memorable soundtrack to the day.
Our original runners were contacted and 4 out of the 6 are able to compete (2 are working on 4th October but will still be able to run the race next year).
Those competing on 4th and need all the support we can muster for them are:
1. Melissa Stonard – https://www.givey.com/melsmarathonmission
2. Donna Baldwin – https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund…/showROFundraiserPage…
3. John Desbois – https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/johndesbois1…
4. Hannah Smith – https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund…/showROFundraiserPage…
5. Karen Messenger – https://www.givey.com/karensnotlondonmarathon
6. Jason Smith – https://www.givey.com/jasonsmith
For more information on how the day will pan out read: