The Branch Coordinator Role
The role of Branch Coordinator is a vital one for Reach members, you are often the first point of face to face contact with new and existing members, how you interact and communicate has a massive bearing on the way Reach is perceived.
- Arrange family get together’s, two or three a year, one of which is a Christmas party. Getting the children together regularly whilst they are young is what members tell us is most beneficial to the children and parents.
- Communicate with your local members this is done via Head Office because of data regulations. You simply write your email send it through to email@example.com and we will send out to you members via the official REACH customer relationship system.
- Follow the main Reach social media platforms (Facebook and/or Twitter) and share news to spread the word about Reach (please avoid sharing images of our Reach children). @reachcharity
- You can create your own branch closed Facebook group if you want, this is a very useful way of keeping in contact and allows frank and open support conversation and celebration of reach children activities. We ask that members of the Facebook group are members or are know personally by the branch coordinator (for safety reasons).
- Sign up to the Reach Closed Facebook group and feel free to share things on this group. We will have to ‘approve’ it for you, but we check Facebook regularly, so it won’t take too long.
- Share branch news with the ‘withinReach’ Editor Jane (Janeg@reach.org.uk ) or firstname.lastname@example.org, encourage families who attended the day out to do a write up!
- Join the Branch Coordinators What’s App group to make communicating easier with another branch coordinator. Trustee Sian Brooks oversees this and can help you join.
- Fundraise, as this helps support the running costs of REACH Charity. Funds raised can be allocated to your branch to use. There is no upper limit on the amount of money you can raise and have ring fenced however at the end of each financial year HQ transfer over all balances over £500 for central funds.
- Use the template we have created to help you and us gather all the information we need to promote it and for you to tell us if you need any merchandise/T-shirts etc. to help raise awareness. This can be downloaded from our website here.
- Don’t ever feel isolated, Reach is a family, we are all here to help.
- Branch events – Reach will pay for all Reach children and their siblings, we can discuss the cost of each event individually please get in touch with Abbyw@reach.org.uk
- Please let Abby know the names of all the people signed up for your events 2 weeks/10 days before so that she is able to check membership details.
- Head Office is here to help you! We appreciate how dedicated Reach Branch Coordinators are and want to help you grow in confidence so your branch can also offer the best support to Reach members.
- Head Office may refer a member to a Branch Coordinator when they need to find local families to share issues with etc. Branch Coordinators are encouraged to refer a member to Head Office if they need support.
- Whenever a new member joins in your area, their details will be sent to you by HQ. Every new member is given the details of their local BC. We hope that BC’s then email to them introducing themselves, with details of upcoming branch events and of course giving them contact details.
Branch Coordinator Buddies
Let us know if you want us to buddy you up with another branch coordinator to share ideas.
Your National Coordinator
Debs Bond joined Reach in June 2019 having previously worked for other charities and most recently the University of Cumbria. She moved to Devon from the Lake District to be closer to family. Her main skills are relationship building, relationships are the most important element of any good working environment. Building trust enables an honest and open culture for dialogue. If you need to contact Debs, her email is: email@example.com
We are a small team of three at Head Office in Tavistock, Abby Williams who leads on Events and Finance and Kate Hoare who leads on Marketing and Membership. They do an amazing job, the term ‘punching above their weight’ comes to mind, what they achieve for Reach with so little resource should be saluted. If you want to get in touch with Abby or Kate please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep head office Up-To-Date on your plans for the year, email over your ideas and plans to email@example.com, we will help promote them on our social media sites, it will also give us an opportunity to suggest buddying up with other branches if you are doing similar things.
Branch Coordinator Skills
Let us know your top skills so that I can add it to our Branch Coordinator skills and talents, it may help in the future if we’re looking for advice in certain areas.
Branch Coordinators can claim back their travel expenses. Please get in touch with Abbyw@reach.org.uk for an expenses form.
Branch Coordinators are allocated an official Branch Reach email. Abby Williams will organise this for you firstname.lastname@example.org
Branch weekends and activities, we are more than happy to have more branch weekends, Abby is here to help you set them up and promote them.
We hope you have found this information useful and that it has encouraged you to give the role of Branch Coordinator a go! If you would like to speak to a current BC to get an idea of how it all works email email@example.com and we can put you in touch.