The role of a Branch Coordinator (BC) for Reach Charity is very rewarding
- The key role is to arrange family get together’s, two or three a year, one of which is always a Christmas party. Getting the children together regularly whilst they are young is what members tell us is most beneficial to the children and parents.
- Some BC’s also have quite a few members as friends on Facebook and have a Reach Branch closed Facebook group, this is proving to be a very useful way of keeping in contact, as is the main Reach Facebook page.
- HQ send lists or labels updated list of members, so a letter by can be sent if necessary, to members without an email address. Emails are even simpler!
- There are times when you may be contacted by a member wanting advice. HQ may refer a member to a BC where they need to find local families to share issues with etc. BCs are encouraged to refer a member HQ if needed.
- Whenever a new member joins in your area, their details will be sent to you by HQ. Every new member is given the details of their local BC. We hope that BCs then email to them introducing themselves, with details of upcoming branch events and of course giving them contact details.
- Share branch news with the ‘withinReach’ Editor or encourage families who attended the day out to do a write up! They love doing it!
- Branch events are funded by HQ and we reimburse expenses and pay invoices.
- We do encourage branches to fundraise, as this helps support the running costs of REACH Charity. Funds raised can be allocated to your branch to use. There is no upper limit on the amount of money you can raise and have ring fenced however at the end of each financial year HQ transfer over all balances over £500 for central funds.
- The location of branches is set by the BC, loosely around counties. We currently have vacancies for roughly in;
- Northern Ireland
- East Midlands
We hope you have found this information useful and that it has encouraged you to give the role of Branch Coordinator a go! If you would like to speak to a current BC to get an idea of how it all works email email@example.com and we can put you in touch.